The Sacristy of the Nuestra Señora de la Oliva Parish Church, built between the 13th and 16th centuries, was designed by Hernán Ruíz II in 1568. It has been adapted to house a museum of its artistic treasures.
Located in Ecija’s historical centre, the “Casa-Museo Hermandad de San Gil” was created when the Sacramental Confraternity and Royal Archconfraternity (1563) found adequate space to carry out their mission and confraternity activities.
The Hospital del Pozo Santo is located in the square of the same name, in Seville. It was founded in 1667, on the initiative of the nuns Marta de Jesús Carrillo and Beatriz Jerónima de la Concepción, of the Franciscan Tertiary order, both of whom are buried on the right-hand side wall of the church.
This exhibition space is divided into two levels and showcases the exceptional artistic heritage put together by this historical Confraternity, which dates back to the late 15th century. The collection primarily consists of one-of-a-kind objects worn by the titular images and other items used in the processions, including the floats.
Much of the cloister of the Monastery of the Incarnation has been converted into a Museum of Sacred Art, which is structured around the main cloister. The Museum consists of 4 rooms that house a significant collection of the Child Jesus, goldwork and notable sculptures.
This church is a beautiful example of 15th century Mudejar religious architecture. In addition to the valuable works of art it houses, such as the altarpieces, carvings and paintings, it has some museum rooms around its sacristy. Here you can find liturgical items of different styles and a sample of historical documentation dating back to the early 16th century.
This small museum with two rooms is integrated into the baroque church of Saint Eutropius. The first room contains richly decorated chasubles from the 18th and 19th centuries, as well as other gold and silver liturgical objects and age-old parish documents. The second room features remarkable Simpecados and paintings, including Saint Mary Magdalene by El Greco.