The ensemble is a 17th century baroque building commissioned by Alvaro de Castilla in 1614 as a convent and hospital, to which the church is attached.
On the site now occupied by the parish church, the former Muslim fortress of the Almohad period was built, the only remaining feature of which is a small piece of wall, located next to the sanctuary of the church, which has a pointed horseshoe arch framed by an alfiz.
La Carlina has a romantic history.
This convent, which disappeared after Mendizábal's disentailment, remained standing until a few decades ago. After its demolition to make way for the present construction, only what was the front garden of the convent and the doorway of the church remain.
The municipal coats of arms of the former settlements, origin of Cañada Rosal, made of painted tiles.
The bridge commonly known as “Dragon Bridge” was built as part of Alcalá de Guadaíra’s ring road,which links the A-92 motorway (Seville-Almería) with the A-392 Alcalá-Dos Hermanas road.
The Mudejar-style Church, named after the town’s patron saint, also has Gothic and Renaissance art elements. It was built over an ancient mosque destroyed by an earthquake in the fourteenth century. The old presbytery has been preserved from its initial construction.