Feria

Seville, beautiful and diverse

It is fed from a spring in the Sierra del Tablón with cool water in summer and warm water in winter with a very pleasant taste, and, after serving as a watering place for animals, it is used to irrigate a vegetable garden. Its name comes from the Duke of Osuna, the owner of these lands centuries ago.

This area was renovated in the 1980s. It was transformed into a public square under the design and direction of Francisco Moreno Galván. It consists of a collonaded courtyard reminiscent of the cloister arcades of a convent. There is a modest fountain in the centre, and a cypress in a corner, reminiscent of the one about which Gerardo Diego wrote and sang.    

The Parish Church of Our Lady of Virtues is a clear example of the historical path of La Puebla de Cazalla. The Church dates back to the 16th century, when Juan Téllez de Girón, Duke of Osuna, ordered its construction under her advocacy. Both the fortress and the Castle were part of the estate of the Ducal House of Osuna. Consequently, the Duke decided that the town should be repopulated. 

This 16th-century building is currently the home of Barefoot Carmelite nuns. San Pedro Church was founded by Pedro Téllez Girón as the burial ground for his servants. In 1558, after the Duke's death, the Barefoot Carmelite nuns who lived in another convent in Osuna (Santa Isabel Church) decided to move here, outside the walled city, to be able to lead the cloistered life they sought.

La Mezquitilla is located in the heart of the Sierra Sur of Seville, bordering the provinces of Cadiz and Malaga. It belongs to the municipality of El Saucejo. It has 241 inhabitants and is 2km away from El Saucejo.

The museum is located in the old sacristy of the Collegiate Church. Worthy of note is the collection of works made by Ribera (1616-1617) for the Duke of Osuna. There are also several choral books with beautiful Renaissance miniatures in bright colours.