This fountain is one of the oldest in the town. It is located at Olmo Street, next to Avenida de Andalucía, the main avenue near the road to Seville. The white marble fountain has three taps and a basin. This fountain is attached to a house and topped by three balls. The water is channelled from a spring located about 200 m in Monte Calvario to a water tank, and from there to the fountain.
An Islamic fountain used to water the surrounding fields and as a watering place for livestock. It is a rare example of Alanís’ Muslim past. The fountain is structured like an “alquería”, or rural farmhouses that existed in Alanís during the Muslim period. Rather than a town or a village, it was similar to a “cortijo”.
The Fuente Abades Spring at “La Garranchosa” estate, is located about 3 km northwest of El Garrobo, on the National Road 433 towards Aracena. The passageway is decorated with a tile mosaic of Our Lady of the Star and some drawings, as well as the name of the spring.
Fuente Abades is the venue where the Pilgrimage in honour of Our Lady of the Star takes place.
The fountain is located on the northeast edge of the town, on the former road to the Venta El Alto. A signpost set up by the Town Council indicates that the fountain was built in 1928. The spring feeding the fountain also supplies the town. A well-preserved washhouse, now in disuse, stands behind it.
The Fountain of Health or Los Caños Fountain, as it is commonly known, is virtually in the town centre, in La Plazoleta. This brick and tile fountain, built by the master-builder Jacobo Espínola Gómez, was unveiled on 8 September 1894 by the Mayor Rafael Galindo Abril. It is fed by a natural spring that rises at the Parral, about 600-800 metres away.
At the base of some rocks beside the El Salado stream, there is a spring of sulphurous water that has traditionally been used to cure eye diseases (hence its name) and skin rashes. To visit it, you leave Pruna via Calle Culata and, after El Molinillo, you continue along the gypsum quarry path for approximately 3 km.
It is fed from a spring in the Sierra del Tablón with cool water in summer and warm water in winter with a very pleasant taste, and, after serving as a watering place for animals, it is used to irrigate a vegetable garden. Its name comes from the Duke of Osuna, the owner of these lands centuries ago.