The Shrine to Saint Barbara is located on Villanueva del Río y Minas’ Guadalquivir Street, north of the town centre and Corta San Fernando. It is a simple chapel with a cross plan built in 1944.
The Town Council commissioned the barracks. An inscription on the lintel over the door reveals that construction works began in 1577 during the reign of King Felipe II.
The building where the Vice-chancellor's Office and the University Schools of Philology and Geography and History are located is one of the noblest in the Spanish university, while at the same time it was originally one of the most splendid representations of the industrial architecture of the old regime.
The Mañara Palace is a palatial house in a basically Renaissance style. The illustrious philanthropist Miguel de Mañara, promoter and benefactor of the Brotherhood and Charity Hospital, was born in the palace. It is located in the centre of the former aljama or old Jewish quarter of Seville, which included the area between the Alcazar and the vicinity of the Carmona Gate.
This Renaissance temple (1556-1588) has Gothic-Mudejar elements. It belonged to the former Encarnación School founded by Luis Cristobal Ponce de León (second Duke of Arcos) and his wife María de Toledo and run by the Jesuit fathers. Only Church and a beautiful cloister remain from the original building.
This Renaissance church was built in the 18th century to accommodate the order of Benedictine monks. It was the monks themselves who brought the beautiful 16th century font to the church. At the top of the twenty-metre-high bell tower, there are four bells named San Antonio, Jesús, José and María, in homage to the Holy Family.
This is an expansion of the southern end of Victoria Street, creating an open space opposite the main façade of the Convent of Our Lady of Candles.