This 20th century, square brick-chimney is around 5 metres tall. The relevance of this structure lies in its ethnographic value. It is a symbol of the traditional industrial activity developed in the town at that time. It is also an identifiable landmark of its cityscape.
Five 18th-century counterweight towers used in beam mills to produce olive oil and ancillary buildings. The most beautiful tower is located next to an old rest area on the road that crosses the town. It is today a landscaped area. This architectural element sits inside a building with a curved tile, gabled roof situated in the former Cruz de los Caídos garden.
The Torre del Molino at Hacienda de San Sebastián was built in the late 19th century. Only the façade of old Hacienda de San Sebastián and one of the side towers remain today. The architecture is typical of 19th-century Andalusian haciendas. It is now privately owned and is partially in ruins.
The River Guadaíra, on its course through Alcalá, gives rise to many riverside parks, in total around 120 hectares of green areas. These zones were declared a Natural Monument by the Governing Board of the Andalusian Regional Government on the 30th December 2011, in acknowledgment of its natural and eco-cultural values.
The country estate, also known as Hacienda La Fuenlonguilla, is located half a kilometre along the road SE-457. It dates back to the mid-19th century, more specifically 1858. It was used for agricultural and livestock activities. The Hacienda’s original olive oil mill is still in perfect condition, as is the rest of the complex.
The Cartuja Monastery in Cazalla dedicated to the Immaculate Conception is located in an idyllic place steeped in history, surrounded by forests, with an inexhaustible spring and breathtaking views. There are Celtic, Phoenician, Roman, Muslim and Christian remains.
Commonly known as the “Aceña Mills”, these Moorish water mills are mentioned in 18th-century documents as the Saldaña water and fulling mills. They were originally built in Moorish times on the River Guadalquivir between Cordoba and Seville. The current buildings were erected in 1485-1499 on what was likely the site of an 11th-century structure.