The building is located in the heart of the historic centre of Lora del Río. It was part of the former Governor’s Palace or “Bailío”. Nowadays, it houses the municipal exhibition hall and the future local museum.
On 5 October 1862 a group of craftsmen from Ecija, in a meeting at the San Francisco Schools, agreed to approve a regulation that would govern a Casino Society, named Society of Craftsmen, thus creating the Craftsmen's Casino.
The centre is devoted to the history of Cazalla de la Sierra and its famous wines and spirits. The importance of this industry in local development is discovered through a variety of panels, objects and multimedia devices. Its ethnographic value is enhanced by successive temporary exhibitions on specific aspects of Cazalla, such as mycology, bird life and the town’s traditional trades.
Inaugurated in December 2009, the theatre provided the town with an ideal place for the performing arts, increasing the town's range of cultural attractions.
The theatre was built in 1887 by Enrique de la Cuadra, hence its current name. Utrera’s City Council acquired the building in June 1985, under the Public Theatre Renovation Programme sponsored by the Regional Ministry of Public Works and Culture of the Andalusian Regional Government. The architect in charge of the renovation was Juan Ruesga Navarro.
The building was inaugurated in 1912. It is currently undergoing rehabilitation to continue hosting the cultural and scenic activities of the municipality.
The building was designed by the architect Miguel Fisac. Architecturally avant-garde, it is designed and structured around a system of cubes, using white concrete slabs, reminiscent of the whitewashed houses of Castilblanco de los Arroyos. It was inaugurated on 18 February 2003.