This tower, the only one in good condition in this municipality, dates to the times of the conquest of Seville by Saint Ferdinand. It is an eloquent testimony to the Christian settlers’ capacity to follow the organisational structure that existed in the recently annexed territory.
Located in Ecija’s historical centre, the “Casa-Museo Hermandad de San Gil” was created when the Sacramental Confraternity and Royal Archconfraternity (1563) found adequate space to carry out their mission and confraternity activities.
The Andalusian Centre of Contemporary Art (C.A.A.C., as for its Spanish acronym) was created in February 1990 with the intention of providing the Autonomous Region with an appropriate institution for the research, preservation, promotion and dissemination of contemporary art.
The River Corbones is a tributary on the left bank of the River Guadalquivir. It rises in the Blanquilla, Mollina and Los Borbollones mountain ranges in the provinces of Cadiz and Malaga.
Cañamo Tower is part of the identity of the town of La Rinconada and its industrial heritage. The building has appeared on the posters of La Rinconada’s feasts. The locals recognise the structure easily as it is part of the town’s skyline.
Hacienda de la Sagrada Familia is a building complex located within the town of Castilleja de la Cuesta, on Enmedio Street, near the Plaza de Santiago. Until the last few decades of the 20th century, this area was the town’s commercial, religious and administrative hub.