Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Hacienda del Marqués de Villavelviestre

734
1

This 18th-century palace, located in the historic centre of Huévar del Aljarafe, has a façade that combines rendered and whitewashed walls with brick. The impressive main entrance and the circular corner tower, with horseshoe-arched windows, are made in brick. The rest of the building is whitewashed and crowned with decorative merlons. It belongs to the Marquisate of Villavelviestre, a Spanish noble title created on 16 April 1768 by King Carlos III, and granted to Pedro Tiburcio Diaz-Trechuelo Vadillo y Gracia de la Yeda, a native of Quintana de Valdieso (Burgos).

Labels

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.