The Plaza de España, of about 50,000 square metres, is located at the north-east end of the Maria Luisa Park. It was built by the architect Aníbal González between 1914 and 1929 on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition. Today it is one of the most emblematic places in Seville and one of the greatest exponents of regionalist architecture.
The Royal Mint of Seville was one of the seven main mints in Castile authorised by the Catholic Monarchs. It was built in 1532 by Philip II and was the place where the gold and silver that came from the Indies was melted, and which later became frames and doubloons for the subsequent support of the European economy in the 16th century, the time of the conquerors of the New World.
Osuna has the best-preserved historic centre in Andalusia. In fact, it was declared a Historic-Artistic Site in 1967.
The Teatro Cerezo, also known as the Teatro del Arte, is the most representative 1930s building in the town.
Inside, the theatre is surprisingly large, especially the upper floor, whose cantilever overhangs the stalls. The ceilings preserve the original decoration with large circular light fixtures.