The Barefoot Carmelite Convent of the Conception was founded in 1577 by Francisco Álvarez de Bohórquez and his wife, Catalina de Coria. The convent was opened in 1580.
It is located in the centre of the historic quarter of Seville. It was built during the last third of the 14th century and throughout the 15th century and was founded in the family palace of Ms María Coronel. It has all the facilities that this type of institution usually has: church, turnstile, compass, cloister, kitchen, etc...
The Convent of San Leandro is located in the historic centre of Seville, in an area of great importance in the old town of Seville. The building has an almost quadrangular floor plan, with three exterior façades. Access to the convent is through an opening located in the front corresponding to the Plaza de San Ildefonso, which leads to a small compass.
Much of the cloister of the Monastery of the Incarnation has been converted into a Museum of Sacred Art, which is structured around the main cloister. The Museum consists of 4 rooms that house a significant collection of the Child Jesus, goldwork and notable sculptures.
This Renaissance temple (1556-1588) has Gothic-Mudejar elements. It belonged to the former Encarnación School founded by Luis Cristobal Ponce de León (second Duke of Arcos) and his wife María de Toledo and run by the Jesuit fathers. Only Church and a beautiful cloister remain from the original building.
The building dates back to the mid-sixteenth century and has been occupied by different religious orders. The community of the Minim Friars of St Francis of Paola ran it from 1726 to 1855, when it was handed over to the Congregation of Most Holy Lady of Sorrows and St Philip Neri.
Built in the 16th century, the Madre de Dios convent is now home to the Hermanas de la Doctrina Cristiana. It has a beautiful cloister with Mudejar and Renaissance features. It is worth mentioning that it suffered a major fire in 1722 and was looted during the civil war, being restored during the 1990s.