In Seville's San Gil district, next to the Barqueta bridge, the main access to Expo'92, the Tower of the Perdigones - Camera Obscura is one of the town's main industrial monuments. The tower was part of the old San Francisco de Paula factory, popularly known as the Perdigones (pellet) factory.
The Royal Mint of Seville was one of the seven main mints in Castile authorised by the Catholic Monarchs. It was built in 1532 by Philip II and was the place where the gold and silver that came from the Indies was melted, and which later became frames and doubloons for the subsequent support of the European economy in the 16th century, the time of the conquerors of the New World.
The workshop located in the industrial main street in Seville since the 19th century is the greatest example of Sevillian and Spanish goldsmithing that keeps its essence in the 21st century.