Romerías

Seville enchants

These two old oil mills are integrated into the urban centre: “Resinas” owned by the Marquis of Castellón (18th century), and the other by the Marquis of La Motilla (19th century).  The mill named ‘ Resinas’ gets its name from the family that owned it. According to the municipal registry, it dates back to 1705.

The Archaeological and Ethnographic Museum of La Puebla de Cazalla is located at the Hacienda la Fuenlonguilla. It used to be a traditional olive oil mill that was operational between the 19th and 20th centuries. Its floor plan is practically square with two differentiated areas.

The Monastery is located on a privately-owned estate, a few kilometres from the town on the road leading to Malcocinado. This is all that remains of the former Basilio Monastery. The chapel, which is used as a warehouse of the current farmhouse, consists of a single nave divided into two sections, one with a barrel vault and the other with a dome.

Olive culture is part of the DNA of our land. Particularly, in the province of Seville, it is difficult to find any of our villages without any olive grove.

In the Sevillian town of Las Navas de la Concepción you can visit El Lagar, which is a superb example of industrial architecture. El Lagar is an old 16th century oil, wine and grain mill which preserves its cellars with their large buried vats, as well as a large wooden beam, the oldest building of its kind, with a beautiful entrance built by the monks.

Five 18th-century counterweight towers used in beam mills to produce olive oil and ancillary buildings. The most beautiful tower is located next to an old rest area on the road that crosses the town. It is today a landscaped area. This architectural element sits inside a building with a curved tile, gabled roof situated in the former Cruz de los Caídos garden. 

The Old Square is also known as the Plaza Cardenal Spínola.