This convent was founded around 1612 by a former resident of the town settled in Potosi (America), who donated 80,000 silver pesos for its construction.
The building is made of masonry and plastered brick. It has a Latin cross floor plan, the nave and the chancel being roofed with a barrel vault with lunettes and ribs and the transept with a hemispherical dome. The altarpiece - made by Mateo Méndez for the price of 8,300 reals - is decorated with paintings of Pentecost, the Imposition of the Chasuble on Saint Ildefonso, Saint Catherine, the Coronation of Our Lady, the Nativity of the Lord and the Nativity of the Virgin. A Tuscan ordination courtyard also remains from the time of foundation, inside what used to be the convent of the Comendadoras del Espiritu Santo, and from 1901 of the Hermanas Misioneras de la Doctrina Cristiana, until they left in October 1998.