The clearly regionalist-style Coliseum is one of the best buildings in this trend and is part of the set of urban operations that were carried out in Seville from 1911 onwards on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition.
The Plaza de España, of about 50,000 square metres, is located at the north-east end of the Maria Luisa Park. It was built by the architect Aníbal González between 1914 and 1929 on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition. Today it is one of the most emblematic places in Seville and one of the greatest exponents of regionalist architecture.
The origins of these gardens go back to the reign of Al-Mutamid, famous monarch of the Taifa kingdom of Seville, and their name comes from the lagoon that was located there, "al-buhayra", where he would place a series of recreational gardens that later on and under the mandate of Abu Yacub Yusuf would be extended with thousands of olive trees, vineyards, fruit trees and palm trees.
The history of the Guardiola House dates back to the 19th century, at the height of Sevillian Romanticism, when Mr Andrés Parladé y Sánchez de Quirós, Count of Aguiar, Regional Delegate for Fine Arts and Delegate-Director of the Excavations of Italica, ordered it to be built.
The Real Audiencia of Seville is the body of justice created in 1525, at the time of Charles I, to become a court of appeal among the fragmented local judiciary. It is heir to the previous medieval administration, and its headquarters still stand in the Plaza de San Francisco, although after several interventions over the centuries.
This building was also known as the “House of the Seven Balconies”.
Situated in the Plaza de Santiago, it has a beautiful carved stone Renaissance-style portal crowned by a triangular pediment with a 16th-century stone coat-of-arms.
This magnificent 18th-century regionalist building has neoclassical influences. It was listed as a Site of Cultural Interest on 5 July 2005 by Andalusian Ministerial Order 162/2005 of 5 July. Highlights include the Neo-Mudéjar-style courtyard, chapel and library. The palatial residence was renovated in the early 20th century, and later in the 1940s.