The building was designed by the architect Miguel Fisac. Architecturally avant-garde, it is designed and structured around a system of cubes, using white concrete slabs, reminiscent of the whitewashed houses of Castilblanco de los Arroyos. It was inaugurated on 18 February 2003.
The theatre was built in 1887 by Enrique de la Cuadra, hence its current name. Utrera’s City Council acquired the building in June 1985, under the Public Theatre Renovation Programme sponsored by the Regional Ministry of Public Works and Culture of the Andalusian Regional Government. The architect in charge of the renovation was Juan Ruesga Navarro.
Inaugurated in December 2009, the theatre provided the town with an ideal place for the performing arts, increasing the town's range of cultural attractions.
The Teatro Oriente is a newly built theatre in the town of Morón that was inaugurated in February 2007 and replaced the old Cine Oriente, which was closed in 1998. It is an Italian-style theatre, with a theatre tower, stalls and a box, located on the same site as the old one in Calle Nueva.