This monument is dedicated to a bullfighter from Villamanrique de la Condesa. The legend on the monument reads “To the famous bullfighter Pascual Márquez 1914-1941, his grateful town, Villamanrique. 1983”. It is located in the street where he was born that bears his name.
When Nicanos Villa's livestock farm was divided, the part belonging to his daughter Carmen Villa Lázaro was acquired in 1959 by Domingo Dominguín, who registered it in the name of his wife, Carmen Aparicio Alfayate.
The monument, located in the square of the same name, is the work of the sculptor Collaut Valera. The bronze statue depicts the bullfighter in a proud and victorious pose after finishing the fight, while the mortally wounded bull lies on the ground with its limbs extended. The sculpture faithfully reflects Joselito after completing the “tercio de muerte” or the death stage.
The Monument to Bullfighting is located in the middle of a roundabout in the working-class La Pañoleta neighbourhood in Camas, near the town’s old bullring. The cast bronze monument, weighing 3 tonnes, was created by the Sevillian artist Jaime Gil Arávalo.
The current La Algaba Bullring was opened in 1991. It was reopened in 1996 with a bullfighting festival in which the renowned bullfighters Curro Romero, José Luis Parada, José Antonio Campuzano, Pepe Luis Vázquez and the apprentice bullfighter, José Manuel Rodríguez, performed. Years later, Curro Romero would also retire in this bullring at the end of the 2000 season.
Opened on 22 June 1905, it is one of the oldest bullrings in the province of Seville. It has a capacity for 2,380 people. Famous bullfighters have graced this arena, including Curro Romero, Paquirri, Pepe Luis Vázquez and the Peralta brothers.
The bullring was opened on 19 March 2005. The bullfighters were Espartaco, Rivera Ordóñez and Morante de la Puebla and the bulls were the Zalduendo herd.
The project was designed by the architect Carmen Gil Calderón.