This building has been classified as an Asset of Cultural Interest since 1995. In the early 18th century, Archbishop Luis de Salcedo y Azcona decided to build a palace on top of the pre-existing building. Apparently, the new building was almost totally destroyed in a fire that occurred on 27 February 1792. It was then when Archbishop Francisco Solís Foch de Cardona once again raised the foundations of the palace, replanted its beautiful gardens, bringing from his stays in Rome a set of busts and figures of pagan mythology, which he had placed in the gardens on stone pedestals carved by Cayetano de Acosta. From then on, the history of the Palace of Umbrete is limited to the summer stays of the various prelates.
The main façade, in the Plaza del Arzobispo, is an 18th century work. It has two sections crossed by 'padded' bands. The lower section has rectangular windows covered with bars, while the upper section has balconies. In the middle is the main lintelled doorway, carved in stone and flanked by Tuscan columns on pedestals. Above it there is a rectangular balcony with a railing and a lintelled window with a shield.
At the right end of the main façade is the entrance to the Stables. The first section of this structure has a lintelled doorway flanked by pilasters. In the second section there is a balcony framed by Tuscan pilasters and, above it, a triangular pediment.
The left side façade gives on to the Plaza de la Constitución. In the angle it forms is the passage that allowed access from the Palace to the chancel of the neighbouring church of Nuestra Señora de Consolación.
Today, the Palace houses the Marcelo Spinola school, which shares the facilities with the civic centre of the Town Council.