The Seville Town Hall, one of the best examples of Plateresque architecture, was a gift from King Charles V to the town in response to his desire to give Seville the status of a great city that it deserved.
The town hall is a building that still retains its neoclassical façade from 1782, having survived all the renovations and extensions it has undergone. The most outstanding features are the giant pilasters crossing all the floors of the building. The Ensenada Land Registry (18th century), considered the first inventory of its kind in Spain, is preserved in its historical archive.
Different archaeological artefacts and items of historical value are preserved and exhibited inside Burguillos’ Town Hall, including niches for religious images, millstones, roofing tiles, shafts and capitals.
The clock that keeps time for the residents of Almensilla is set into the Town Hall’s bell tower. This handcrafted clock was made in the late 19th century and is still in good working order. The clock has continued to work perfectly to this day due to routine maintenance.
El Coronil’s Town Hall is located in the town’s geographical centre.
In the 16th and 17th centuries, Cazalla de la Sierra was a nationally important wine-producing centre, and during that period various monastic orders were founded, including the Augustinian order, which founded the San Agustín monastery in the town in 1588 in a chapel called Nuestra Señora de la Soledad.