This small Mudejar church has a typical mountain architecture consisting of a single nave with transversal arches and a standalone main chapel. The chapel is covered with a dome crowned by a cupola that was added during the Baroque period. The main entrance, at the west end, is also Baroque. The pointed arch on the right wall, obscured by several adjacent rooms, is Mudejar. According to Alfredo J. Morales in his book “Guía Artística de Sevilla y Provincia”, this arch from around 1540 is perhaps the most valuable of its kind in Seville.
The main altarpiece, from the last third of the 17th century, is presided over by the titular image and the statues of Saint Barbara, Saint Francis of Assisi and the Crucified Christ.