The building is listed as an Asset of Cultural Interest. The style is baroque in transition to neoclassicism. It was built on an earlier Mudejar-style church that was demolished due to the damage caused by the Lisbon earthquake (1755). Its construction began in 1780 and ended in 1801.
The first phase was carried out by the architect Antonio Matías de Figueroa and the Ecijan master builder Antonio Caballero, who worked on the north and south doors. The second phase started after the work was stopped in 1788 due to a failure in the dome structure. The works began again in 1794 under the architect of the diocese of Seville, José Echamorro, who finished it and built the tower.
The church has a hall plan with three naves and a flat apse. The naves are covered with sail vaults and the transept with a graceful dome on pendentives, decorated with plasterwork. Outside, the dome rests on a tholobate with windows and a dome built with bricks arranged horizontally in the shape of a spur wheel, capped with a lantern decorated with stipites.
Highlights inside include a sixteenth-century Crucified Christ, located at the west end of the Epistle nave, a main neoclassical altarpiece and an attractive altarpiece in the Sacramental Chapel, carved and gilded in the baroque heyday. It is decorated with Solomonic columns and oil panel paintings with iconography related to the Mysteries of the Rosary. The organ in the upper part of the choir, which was installed in 1801, is also outstanding.