The first stone was laid on 25 June 1928. The church was erected under Cardinal Eustaquio Ilundain and Esteban, commonly known as Cardinal Ilundain. His coat of arms appears on the main door.
It does not have a specific style. It is in line with other buildings of the time. The temple was consecrated on 30 November 1928 to the town’s patron saints, St Joseph and Our Lady of the Rosary.
The latest renovation took place in 1997. The altar is in the central nave, which has six stained glass windows: four windows, each with one Evangelist, another emblazoned with the word God (Gospel), and the other shows the Eucharist (Body and Blood of Christ).
The altar is graced with a Crucified Christ from this century, and an image of Saint Joseph donated by Cardinal Ilundain. The baptismal font, from the same date as the church, is on the ground floor to the right.
Once inside the parish church, there are three stained glass windows to the right that represent scenes from Virgin Mary’s life: the Annunciation, the Birth of Jesus Christ and the Pentecost. In the back is the 18th-century image of Our Lady of the Rosary, patron saint of El Cuervo. The sculpture of the Virgin Mary was transferred here from a cloistered convent in Arcos (Cadiz) in 1943-1944.
To the left of the entrance is the Tabernacle Chapel with the image of a Resurrected Christ that once belonged to El Puerto de Santa María (Cádiz). The image was made by José Orando in 1988. This chapel has a stained glass window representing the Holy Spirit, made in the image and likeness the one behind Bernini’s Baldachin in the Vatican. Saint Joseph and Our Lady of the Rosary, the patron saint, are the titular images of the Parish.