In the northern part of Seville's Historical Centre, between the river and the old La Feria lagoon, the former cloistered convent of the Poor Clares was located.
The Royal Monastery of Santa Clara was built very close to the first monastery erected in Seville. It was built on the land of Infante Don Fadrique, brother of Alfonso X the Wise and son of Fernando III the Saint, and he was he who ordered its construction within the complex where his residence in Seville was located. These areas have witnessed the convent life of Seville, which has become a cultural space after eight centuries of monastic life within it.
Today we can enjoy a wonderful cloister, a refectory and the vegetable garden area, with the well-known and only example in our town of a fully Gothic tower, the Tower of Don Fadrique, a cradle of legends and other stories.
The Tower of Don Fadrique, is an Albarran tower and is currently considered a Site of Cultural Interest (it was declared a historical-artistic monument belonging to the National Artistic Treasure by decree on 3 June 1931).