In Roman times, La Luisiana was located on the Via Augusta, very close to the colonies of Astigi (Écija) and Obulcuva (La Monclava). The Roman baths are considered one of the most remarkable constructions from this period, both from an artistic and archaeological point of view, where two distinct sections can be discerned.
The original Roman structure shows the pool designed to collect the medicinal waters. It has a rectangular, staggered layout for its optimal use as a spa. It was built with lime, stones and ceramic pieces. The flooring is late 18th century. An underground gallery was discovered on its northwest side, which suggests that it was used as a water heating system. It had a very ingenious water catchment system that leveraged its situation in a depression.
The water was filtered through pebbles into the lower section of the pool through canals created with rows of fragments. This would seem to indicate that it was used by the upper classes as a medicinal spa.
The rectangular, brick enclosure had two outbuildings at both ends of the pool, which were used as vestibules at the end of the 18th century.
The Fuente de los Borricos, situated very close to the Baths, was initially an artesian well with a drinking trough for animals. Its current layout probably dates back to 1769. It consists of two clearly differentiated elements: the fountain itself and the recently restored brick roof.