The Church was built in 1755 over a 14th-century temple that was destroyed by the so-called Lisbon earthquake. The reconstruction was paid for by the Archbishop of Seville. The temple owes its current appearance to renovations undertaken in the early 19th century. The works preserved the remarkable elliptical dome over the transept and the half-barrel vaults with barrel arches of the ceiling with decorative cornice pilasters. This single-nave temple has a Latin plan and vaulted chapels on both sides. The bell tower has beautiful cornice pilasters capped with a tile spire.
The Neoclassical, main altarpiece, from the 18th or 19th century, is anonymous, as are the ones in the transept. The image of the Immaculate Conception, a beautiful sculpture attributed to Juan Bautista Pettroni, an Italian artist who lived in Seville, is worshipped in the small chapel above the main altar.
Next to the transept altar on the Gospel side is a baroque-style chapel with the image of Our Lady of the Holy Waters, the town’s patron saint. Her image has been venerated in this temple since 1836 when it was brought here from its former convent. The Byzantine-style terracotta image measures 11 centimetres only. The Virgin Mary is seated with the Child Jesus on her left knee.
The Parish Church is also home to a trove of beautiful silver and goldwork objects from different periods and centuries, including chalices, ciboria, lunette and monstrance, cruets and other liturgical objects.