This Mozarabic well used to supply a small suburb outside the town. The well is very simple. The only part that remains is the well cap handmade from a single slab of stone in the mid-13th century.
It owes its name to Julián “El Berberisco”, a local resident who descends from Christianised Muslims, who volunteered to care for the sick during the 1684 epidemic. His exemplary conduct compelled the Town Council to request the acquittal of his conviction for robbery in the town of El Coronil. The request was granted, and he was given a house and a plot of land to live in.
The place where he settled, and where the well is located, is known as “El Morisco”.