Popularly known as “La Plazoleta”. On 22 May 1912, the Town Council placed on record their feelings about the death of the eminent philologist and historian from Santander, Don Marcelino Menéndez Pelayo (1856-1912). They also agreed to name a street "Marcelino Menéndez y Pelayo". On 31 May 1912, the Town Council changed the name of the Plaza de Dos Hermanas to this new name. On 17 August 1964, Our Lady of Valme was appointed co-patron saint of Dos Hermanas, and patron saint of the Town Council, who agreed to build a monument in her honour at Plaza de Menendez y Pelayo. The memorial was built in the Valencian workshops of Vicente Coloma Llorens. One of the square's façades has an ancient, artistic wrought-iron cross, similar to those used in the procession of the Stations of the Cross that wend through the Dos Hermanas’ old town.