This church belonged to a Franciscan monastery. It was built in the first half of the 17th century and underwent various alterations in later times, reaching our days greatly transformed.
It has a Latin cross floor plan, divided into four sections, with a transept and a square Main Chapel. It is roofed with barrel vaults with ribbed arches and lunettes, except for the transept, which has a hemispherical vault on pendentives decorated with floral motifs framing noble coats of arms. The lintelled doorway is located on the façade at the end of the church, with a simple bell tower topped by a pyramid-shaped spire.
The most outstanding feature is the altarpiece of the Santos Juanes (St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist) originally made for the church of San Juan de la Palma in Seville. The architecture of the altarpiece was commissioned from Miguel Cano in 1634, a draughtsman and altarpiece assembler; the sculptures from his son Alonso Cano and the paintings from the Seville School painter, Juan del Castillo (1590-1657). Completed in 1638, it is one of the most significant altarpieces in Seville.
The altarpiece contains five large paintings, three dedicated to St. John the Baptist and two to St. John the Evangelist. In the central alcove there was an image of St. John the Baptist, made by Alonso Cano, which is currently in the Güel Collection in Barcelona. In 1710 this altarpiece was moved to the church of the monastery of San Juan, in San Juan de Aznalfarache. In the high part of the altarpiece there is a 16th-century crucifix, with Nordic features, which may have been part of a Calvary.