Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Nuestra Señora de la Consolación Parish Church

151
0

The cityscape is dominated by the Church and its 18th-century bell tower, destroyed during the Spanish Civil War. The Church is the seat of the town’s patron saint, Nuestra Señora de la Fuente Clara and the Easter confraternities.

The Church, built in 1783, has a Latin cross plan with a central nave and several side chapels. Highlights inside include the wrought-iron pulpit (1692) and two holy water fonts (1796).

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.