The original parish church must have been the chapel of La Magdalena, built next to the castle on the hill that today bears its name. The growth of the town and the displacement of its centre, which left the hill with the castle and the chapel outside the walls, made it necessary to build a bigger church, the present Divino Salvador Parish Church, already well-documented as such in the 16th century. Its original architecture is Mudejar from the late 15th or early 16th century, but over several centuries it underwent a number of refurbishments until it acquired its present structure in the 18th century.
Inside, the main altarpiece stands out, with the figure of the Saviour, the patron of the parish, occupying the central niche. The Patron Saint of Castilblanco, Nuestra Señora de Gracia, is venerated here. The polychrome wood carving is the work of the sculptor Francisco de Arce, from whom the work was commissioned in 1580.