A regionalist building from the late 1920s, it is commonly known in Ecija as “Casa de las Tomasas”. It currently houses the Courthouse.
The aesthetic and stylistic values of the building are in keeping with Sevillian regionalist architecture that emerged around the 1929 Universal Exhibition in Seville.
The classical structure of the façade stands out in this two-storey building. White walls alternate with the brick of the verandas and the main entrance. The latter has lintels and a curved pediment, framed by plain encased pilasters with composite capitals, topped by a central brick balcony.
The central courtyard, around which the rooms are structured, has double, Nasrid-style arcades on thin columns of the same style, and polylobulated arches profusely decorated with plasterwork. The upper floor arcades are characterised by elegant lattice-covered windows.
Of particular note are the Sevillian tile friezes and the staircase leading to the upper floor, covered with a beautiful coffered ceiling that recreates the ornaments found in the Alhambra.