The San Martín Church was built in the Mudéjar style (15th century). Additions were made from the 18th century onwards in newer architectural styles owing to damages caused by the 1755 Lisbon earthquake. The original church was a nave and two aisles, divided by rows of cruciform pillars and pointed arches and semi-circular arches with alfiz. A Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament was added n the 18th century. The nave was covered by a vaulted ceiling, and one of the portals was completed. The Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament was decorated with valuable wall paintings at the time of its construction. Its cupola is decorated with frescoes of the Holy Martyrs. The aisles have Mudéjar-style wooden ceilings.
The church has two entrances, one from the 18th century and the other a modern structure. A tower with a belfry was also added in the 18th century. The main neoclassical altarpiece holds the image of Saint Martin of Tours, to whom the church is dedicated. The church also has twin neoclassical altarpieces, dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary and to Saint Joseph, respectively, dating from the 19th century. Another neoclassical altarpiece in the church houses a modern candelero bust of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
The interior of the church is decorated with a large number of statues. Also noteworthy are the paintings, including a large 19th-century Souls of the Purgatory, as well as an 18th-century Saint Christopher. Special mention should be made of the gold- and silverwork items, such as small silver chrismatories from the 16th century, a 17th-century silver ciborium and an 18th-century silver chalice.