This chapel is a Mudejar construction, possibly from the first half of the 15th century. In 1494 it was visited by the Order of Santiago, which wrote a report on its activities, which states that there was a Confraternity of both sexes with the title of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación y San Benito. This Confraternity disappeared after the invasion of the French in the early 19th century leaving the chapel practically in ruins.
In a new restoration attempt, on 24 March 1886, a Brotherhood was founded with the title Divina Sangre de Nuestro Señor Jesucristo, to which the current image of the Cristo de la Humildad (the Lord sitting on the Rock) belonged. This image is the oldest one to be carried in procession during the Holy Week of Guadalcanal, having survived after being hidden in the well of the chapel in 1936.
Until the 1920's, people used to go on pilgrimage to this chapel. On 21 March, the Lord Sitting on the Rock and the Virgen de los Dolores were collected and taken to the church of Santa María and returned on Easter Sunday.
On 11 April 1977 it was sold to Antonio Fontán Pérez.