The Los Molares Castle is the main monument of this Sevillian town. King Fernando IV granted the property of Los Molares to Lope Gutiérrez de Toledo between 1310 and 1336. This property was a small expanse of land on which a fortress would be built. It is likely that there already was a tower from an earlier period.
The Los Molares Castle preserves most walls and battlements, a pentagonal tower irregular in shape and several vaulted buildings around the parade ground.
The walls are of brick, ashlars and rammed-earth. The ashlar masonry façade has a lowered, semi-circular arch. The coat of arms with four quarterings and a crest is emblazoned above the arch, within an octagonal shield.
Guided tours on the first Sunday of every month: 11:00 to 14:00 and 16:00 to 19:00.
Please contact the Los Molares Culture Department for other arrangements.