Located in Seville, the Arco del Postigo del Aceite (Arch of the Gate of the Oil) is the only one of the three existing gates in the old Arab wall. Its origin dates back to 1107, in the time of Ben Yusuf, although it was greatly reformed in the 16th century by Benvenuto Tortello. The wall ran through what is now the Plaza del Cabildo, which still has a small section of the wall.
In the 12th century had a different function, and was known as bad al-Qatay ( gate of Boats) as the Almohad rose next to the Royal Dockyards of Seville for the construction of ships; later it recorded in some sources as puerta de la Alhóndiga (gate of the Granary), puerta del Aceite (gate of the Oil) or puerta de la Aceituna (gate of the Olive), according to tradition because through that gate come these products in the city.
On the inside of the postigo, on the arch, it features a carved stone representation of Saint Ferdinand, with the bishops Isidore and Leander and, under it, a tombstone that attests the reform by Tortello. Inside the arch, the rails where the planks were placed to stop the constant flooding of the river can be found.
In the 18th century was opened on its right side a small chapel which had a baroque altarpiece with an image of the Immaculate Conception attributed to Pedro Roldán. As a curiosity, this place is one of the most classic places to see the transit of some brotherhoods of the Holy Week.