This neo-Mudejar-style building was built in 1889 by engineers José Santos Silva and Nicolás Suárez y Albizu to house the Seville Pavilion during the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition.
It is considered one of the most relevant works of Sevillian architecture, as it would mark the line that the Andalusian architecture of the 20th century would follow. The construction that was a train station until the 1992 Universal Exhibition is a beautiful three-storey building, crowned in the centre by a large iron and glass vault. Its design is inspired by a courtyard of the Alhambra in Granada and the arches of the Mosque of Tangier. However, considering the engineering advances of the time, it followed the general French line.
After the construction of the new Santa Justa station for the 1992 Universal Exhibition, the building was converted into a shopping and leisure centre, preserving the structure of the building, called the Plaza de Armas shopping and leisure centre where, in addition to shopping, you can watch a good film and eat some tasty tapas.