Named by experts as "the little cathedral of the Sierra Sur" and declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, this is a remarkable building erected between 1506 and 1730 over the ruins of a medieval church. It has three limestone naves with high vaults supported by columns.
This Priory Church is the epitome of Carmona’s religious architecture and the town’s largest building.
The earlier Almohad mosque was demolished in 1424 to build the Christian temple, the first phase of which was completed in 1518. The ablutions courtyard remains.
The Osuna’s Collegiate Church is a jewel of Renaissance architecture. Founded by Juan Téllez Girón, 4th Count of Ureña, it replaced the old medieval parish church. It is unclear who the architects were.