The conventual church, founded by the 4th Count of Ureña, began to be built in the late 16th century and continued into the next. Jerónimo Balbás created the main altarpiece which holds the image of Our Lady of Hope by Remesal. The statue of a pregnant Virgin Mary is also noteworthy.
The Franciscan monastery of Corpus Christi founded by Juan Téllez Girón was built in 1541 and is still largely preserved today.
Although its official name is Our Lady of Candelaria Convent, it has also been known as San Francisco or Victoria convent. It was founded on 1 February 1555 by Juan Téllez Girón, 4th Count of Ureña.
Given its privileged location, overlooking the vast territories of the North that shape the La Campiña, there is evidence of human settlements since very early times. The Castle started as an Ibero-Turdetan defensive bastion in the 5th century BC. When the Carthaginians arrived 200 years later, it became a watchtower.
This 16th-century building is currently the home of Barefoot Carmelite nuns. San Pedro Church was founded by Pedro Téllez Girón as the burial ground for his servants. In 1558, after the Duke's death, the Barefoot Carmelite nuns who lived in another convent in Osuna (Santa Isabel Church) decided to move here, outside the walled city, to be able to lead the cloistered life they sought.
The Parish Church of Our Lady of Virtues is a clear example of the historical path of La Puebla de Cazalla. The Church dates back to the 16th century, when Juan Téllez de Girón, Duke of Osuna, ordered its construction under her advocacy. Both the fortress and the Castle were part of the estate of the Ducal House of Osuna. Consequently, the Duke decided that the town should be repopulated.
The Osuna’s Collegiate Church is a jewel of Renaissance architecture. Founded by Juan Téllez Girón, 4th Count of Ureña, it replaced the old medieval parish church. It is unclear who the architects were.