Seville, beautiful and diverse

In 1513, the 4th Count of Ureña gifted the old San Sebastián Chapel and the adjoining charity hospital to the friars of the Order of Preachers so that they could found their convent. The Count had it recorded that the Chapel should not be demolished but rather incorporated into the new church. Its construction was completed on 7 March 1547.

The Carmelite Order occupied the convent, donated by Juan Téllez Girón, in 1606. The construction likely began in the early 16th century, as the unfinished chancel has Gothic and Renaissance elements. The naves and portal were renovated in the 18th century. The church has three naves covered by a barrel vault and supported by pillars. Current convent of the Carmelite Fathers