The Nuestra Señora del Carmen Church was founded in the 18th century on the site of 16th-century Shrine to Cristo de la Sangre. A few Gothic-Mudejar elements from the Shrine still can be seen.
The Marquises of Estepa used the temple’s crypt as their pantheon for many centuries.
The Torre del Agua Archaeological Museum contains one of the most precious examples of the heritage and cultural legacy of the civilisations that inhabited Osuna.
Estepa’s Sacred Art Museum is located in the Santa María la Mayor Church. The fact sheets provide insight into the different changes the building has undergone throughout its history, be it a mosque, Gothic or Mudejar Church.
The Sanctuary dates back to the early 16th century when Antonio Barrados obtained permission to build a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Consolation. The titular image was gifted by the Nuestra Señora de la Antigua Convent. On 31 March 1561, the chapel was transferred to the Congregation of Minimal Fathers. The construction of the convent and church began at that time.