This Priory Church is the epitome of Carmona’s religious architecture and the town’s largest building.
The earlier Almohad mosque was demolished in 1424 to build the Christian temple, the first phase of which was completed in 1518. The ablutions courtyard remains.
Francisco Carrera Iglesias, known as Paquili, is an embroidery craftsman from the town of Seville, registered in the Register of Craftsmen of the Andalusian Government since 1991. He has been working for 40 years in the design and development of handmade embroideries using different techniques in his craft workshop.
The church of San Miguel is one of the most impressive churches in the province. In the upper rooms, a valuable artistic treasure is exhibited as a testimony to the historical importance of the place.
The museum is located in the old sacristy of the Collegiate Church. Worthy of note is the collection of works made by Ribera (1616-1617) for the Duke of Osuna. There are also several choral books with beautiful Renaissance miniatures in bright colours.
The museum is situated in the Encarnación Monastery, formerly known as Madres Mercedarias. It houses numerous works of significant historical and artistic value that are used by the Confraternity to worship their titular images, the Christ of the True Cross and Our Lady of Sorrows. These objects range from lavish silverware to delicate, embroidered textiles.