The Barefoot Carmelite Convent of the Conception was founded in 1577 by Francisco Álvarez de Bohórquez and his wife, Catalina de Coria. The convent was opened in 1580.
Nuns Alley is part of the Nuns Convent, founded in the early 16th century. The Convent consists of a single nave covered by a 17th century barrel vault. The stone portal at the west end is from the late 17th century. It consists of a semi-circular arch with double columns on both sides with the sculptures of St Peter and St Paul.
Belonging to the Order of San Jerónimo, it has been located in Calle Corredera since 1943, after the original convent was destroyed.
The most outstanding features of its simple rectangular chapel are the Main Altarpiece with a 16th-century image of the Virgen de la Asunción, a 17th-century canvas of the Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes and a small 17th-century crucifix.
The present-day Santa Clara Church is what remains of the disappeared namesake temple; a monastery founded in 1498 by the sisters Juana and Elvira González de Lucenilla y de Benjumea and run by the Poor Clare sisters.
The Cloistered Convent of the Franciscan Order of Santa Clara was founded with the approval of Pope Pius II and under the aegis of the Duchess of Arcos. It is the oldest of Carmona’s female convents.
The building has various architectural styles as its construction lasted several years. It is a beautiful combination of Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque.
The Church of the Convent of Santa Clara can be found in the Jardines de la Carrera, in the town of Morón de la Frontera, Seville.
Alcalá de Guadaíra’s Santa Clara Cloistered Convent, founded in 1597, is located at 39 Alcalá y Ortí Street. It appears that the convent was first occupied in the 16th century when it was under the Order of the Poor Ladies of Saint Clare, commonly known as the Poor Clares.
The Convent became very famous in 1737 when the procession of Sister Mary of Jesus took place.